Shooting star (Dodecatheon meadia)
Woodland phlox (Phlox divaricata)- yes, from my “Do not plant” list!
Wild geranium (Geranium maculatum)
- Celandine poppy (Stylophorum diphyllum)
- Marsh marigold (Caltha palustris)
- Labrador violet (Viola labradorica)
- Cream violet (Viola striata)
- Just plain old violets
- Lilies of the valley
- Wild ginger (Asarum canadense)
- Purple-leaf sand cherry (Prunus x cistena)
Wild columbine (Aquilegia canadensis)
Dutchman’s pipe (Aristolochia macrophylla) – much happier this spring than it was last spring
Prairie trillium (Trillium recurvatum)
Coming soon: wild hyacinth, Canada anemone, peonies, blackhaw viburnum, and maybe (fingers crossed) American bittersweet. Stay tuned!